Monday, May 7, 2012

Today our lecture was on Music and we talked about how music can provoke different moods. I started thinking about the different music I listen to and my favorite songs and why they are my favorite. I specifically thought of the songs that, upon hearing, bring me back to the days when Kier and I were dating. When I hear Coldplay's "Viva La Vida", We Shot the Moon's "Perfect Time", or Keith Urban's "Your My Better Half" I am right back in Kier's blue car holding his hand and feeling in love. I can remember distinctly the smell of his suede jacket and his car, I can tell you exactly where we were going when a particular song shuffled through the ipod and I can remember how I slowly was falling in love with him through those songs.
I thought it truly amazing that music can have such a powerful effect as to elicit so many other memories and feelings. Its amazing that man's music is so powerful, I can only imagine what music from Heaven is like and what that can do. Maybe upon returning to our Heavenly home we'll be greeted by music that will immediately trigger memories from our pre-mortal existence and we'll remember all. I know that God has created our brains to work this way for a more eternal purpose.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. There are at least a dozen songs that are connected to my memories. There is one song that just fills my mind with a summer day I spent cleaning my apartment. Super weird, but I can remember it down to the smell and what I was wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thought!! I could definitely see heaven being like that!

    ReplyDelete