Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bye Bye Facebook

So today's lecture was on Social Networking and one of the girls in the class talked about how much happier she is without a Facebook account. I have been thinking of canceling my account for some time but always decided against it because it doesn't really cause any harm. However, after today's lecture I felt empowered. Like I could survive if I didn't know the latest gossip (because most of it isn't news of any kind). Plus now I never have to see unwanted things posted by foolish people.
All in all, I'm glad I did it. I will be spending my time on better things like my olive fingered child or school. (I don't mention Kieran because I only really went on Facebook when he was gone anyways.) I'm not suggesting anyone else do this but it was a good decision for me.

6 comments:

  1. WOW, you made the break, huh?!?? Good for you, you'll have to let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make the break completely but I deleted a ton of friends so that I only see the people I care about on there! Way to go though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed! I would feel so naked without my facebook. How would I do all my stalking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would feel so out of the loop! I think it's good that you kept the important friends instead of deleting it all together. It does seem to waste a lot of time though. Maybe I'll do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same as Ashley. I didn't break away, but just editing the friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is great! You will have to update us and let us know if you are having any withdrawls ;)! Be strong, it's great to feel "free" from Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete