Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love You Forever



When I was a child my favorite book was Love you Forever by Robert Munsch. It tells the story of a mother whose love never ends as her son is growing and even does things that drive her crazy. The theme of the book is these lines:
I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always.
As long as I’m living
My baby you’ll be.
Growing up I loved to have my mom read this to me. It made me feel a greater connection to her as I envisioned she was saying the words to me rather than just reading a book. When my daughter was born this was one of the first books I bought for her. We read it often and it still makes me tear up; not only because of my childhood but I hope she is feeling the same thing when I read it to her.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite books Bonnie! Such a sweet book to read to your cute girl :)

    ReplyDelete