Thursday, May 10, 2012

Marie Antionette


So I got the movie Marie Antionette with Kirsten Dunst from Netflix and I finally watched it last night. I wanted to watch it last semester because I was taking a humanities class and we talked about her and the French Revolution. Anyways, I was really disappointed with the film. It was 2 hours long and so slow. I kept waiting for something really exciting to happen or something historically based but it just seemed like a teen flick  set in the 1700's. Even the music felt off. Why, you ask, did I continue to watch it? I should have gone to bed, it was after 11, but I was waiting for my husband to get home from work.
Marie Antionette and her husband Louis XVI were actually really in love with each other but the film portrayed them as only barely fond of each other. I guess being in love would have thrown off the plot of her having an affair. I've noticed that when I watch movies like that by myself it makes me really miss Kieran so as soon as he got home I told him how excited I was to see him. He always likes to hear that.

2 comments:

  1. I watched that movie last year (I think). I remember liking the movie but not loving it. I loved the costumes and colors that they used (and I was quite distracted by those) but I remember being seriously disappointed in Kirsten Dunst's acting. I have only ever really been impressed by her acting once, and that was when she was a child. I've always felt like the older she got, the worse her acting got :p And I do think the media tries to do things like that-- portraying her as not being in love with her husband so they could justify her having an affair. Most of the media now seems to try to justify everything saying, 'It's okay to do anything you want(and as bad as you want) as long as you have a good reason for it.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the SLOWEST movie on the planet!! Such a shame, as it had potential.

    ReplyDelete