Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Race of Life

We went visiting teaching this month and I gave the lesson on President Monson's talk on Sunday morning titled The Race of Life, the talk focused on questions such as why are we here? where will we go after death? etc. However he always talked about getting your priorities in balance and reevaluating where your place your importance. He related the story of an older woman who before being diagnosed with a terminal illness always had a clean house and focused on keeping herself beautiful; she rarely had her family over because she was worried they would break something precious in her home. After she was diagnosed she decided that none of those things were important and that she was going to spend the rest of her time with her family.
This made me reflect of the things that I place the greatest importance in. Am I always focusing my energy on my family, the thing of greatest importance, or do I neglect them for temporal pleasures? I encourage everyone to read this article and decide for yourself if your life is balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment