Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spring Term Assignment

So I'm graduating in August and I'm going to school this summer to get some elective credits. I decided to take this class called Media, Family and Human Development. It's been a really great class so far and one of the assignments is to write 2 blog posts weekly about anything media related and comment on 2 blogs of my fellow classmates. This will be the most frequent I will write, probably ever.
So, Kieran and I have really had to start monitoring what kind of shows we watch while Becca is with us. She is very empathetic and in tune to the emotional atmosphere around her and lately even suspenseful music will make her scared. She actually says, "scary Mamma" and cowers in to me. We got so used to her just ignoring the TV that it is a shock to be reminded that she is absorbing the things we watch. I don't want her to grow up with fears associated with our TV viewing, like my parents lovely ritual of watching X-Files at 9 pm on Sunday nights. I still can't hear that theme music without getting a little scared. My little girl is growing up fast and now is when I need to more mindful of the things she is taking in.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Your little girl is adorable, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great that you are so observant! i always cringe when i hear of preschool age kids watching the dark night or other things like that because they were on in their home. way to go, i hope i will be the same way when my little guy is born!

    ReplyDelete