Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It Can Only Get Better

I was feeling kind of low a couple weeks ago as I drove through Provo and realized how much I missed being on campus. It's so different staying at home rather than going to school like everyone else does in the fall. I was feeling lonely as Kieran stayed on campus till late evening every night, to do homework and a little jealous that he got to be at school and I didn't. I love staying at home and watching our little girl grow but I miss being at school and enjoying the social atmosphere of walking the campus. I'm excited for the winter semester to start and to be able to take Becca to school with me. Don't worry, I won't be taking her into class where she would capture the hearts and eyes of all my fellow students, just on campus where Daddy will watch her while I'm learning.
I'm so proud of Kieran and his motivation to do well, he is working so hard already this semester and we're all feeling good about the grades that will follow. But we sure do miss him when he's away all day. He misses great things like this:
Our little chunker helping me do laundry, she's almost too big for the basket!
Luckily, he didn't miss the best day yet as we blessed our baby girl on September 5th. Her dress was made by a lady in the ward who courageously made my wish come true and cut up my wedding dress to make a smaller replica for a blessing gown. It was beautiful! As you can see, the events of the day were a little tiring for Becca boo.
We have been enjoying the nice weather outside and Becca has enoyed the discovery of her hand. She can almost fit her whole fist in her mouth.
She loves bath time! In order to be sensored I chose not to put a picture of her splashing with her strong legs:)
This beautiful girl has captured our hearts. I don't know what I would do without her. It's true, life becomes more difficult to manage with a baby but who wouldn't want to embrace that difficulty full-heartedly if you got to see this face every morning! She is my proudest moment and I love every minute I get to spend with her. I love that she calms down at the sound of my voice or the smell of my clothes and she grins from ear to ear when we play. My heart has grown exponentially since her birth and I don't see any signs of it stopping any time soon.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my heavens! I miss you guys! Becca is getting so big! We had better plan something soon so I can see you all! Don't worry-you'll be back soon enough! Just remember amidst all the homework come winter that you once missed it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete